Ceiling fans can be a great way to improve your home’s comfort and energy efficiency, but with so many on the market it can be hard to know which one is right for you.
Not all ceiling fans are created equal. With dozens of different brands, styles, and features it can be hard to figure out which one is best for you.
The hydra ceiling fan is a great option for anyone looking for a stylish and energy-efficient fan. This fan features a DC motor that uses up to 70% less energy than traditional AC motors, making it a great choice for eco-conscious homeowners.
In this post, Toby Nwazor will share “Hydra ceiling fan review: Reviews Harbor Breeze Hydra 70 Inch Brushed Nickel Indoor Ceiling Fan” and provide more related knowledge. Let’s find out together!
|Electric fan design||Ceiling Fan|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Room Type||Bedroom, Living Room, Dining Room|
|Special Feature||Remote Control|
|Recommended Uses For Product||Lighting, Indoor|
|Mounting Type||Ceiling Mount|
Hydra ceiling fan review
- 8 propellers and complete accessories
- 1 Wiring set including connecting devices
- 1 Ceiling mount with full accessories
- 1 full set of lights included
- 1 ceiling fan motor
- 1 Remote Control
Reviews Harbor Breeze Hydra 70 Inch Brushed Nickel Indoor Ceiling Fan
Reviews Harbor Breeze Hydra 70 Inch Brushed Nickel Indoor Ceiling Fan with Light and Remote Control (8-Blade)
Product Name: Harbor Breeze Hydra 70 Inch Brushed Nickel Indoor Ceiling Fan
Product Description: The enormous 70 inch fan diameter of the Harbor Breeze Hydra 70 inch ceiling fan allows it to provide a great amount of airflow. Larger spaces and living room settings are ideal for it. The ceiling fan comes in matte black or nickel finishes and has 8 blades. During the sweltering summer, this ceiling fan can cool very big rooms (more than 400 square feet) with a wind flow rate of 4851 cubic feet per minute (CFM). For your comfort, the 6-speed setting also has a changeable wind option that mimics a gentle breeze. The handheld remote, which lets you pick between a summer and a winter setting, is another nice feature. Using the handheld remote, the built-in light can easily be turned on or off. The moisture-free Hydra ceiling fan is intended for indoor installation. It is acceptable for use in dining rooms, bedrooms, and kitchens but not in bathrooms or outside.
Brand: Harbor Breeze
Air flow capacity
Reviews by Toby Nwazor
Ceiling fan color
The first factor that impressed me was the design of the fan, it is finished with natural brushed nickel and the main color of the 8 blades is toffee color for a modern look.
These 2 colors combine quite harmoniously, looking very eye-catching and extremely luxurious. Having said that the fan looks quite “sharpened” when first seen, perhaps this is also the highlight of its design.
The fan exudes high-class, expensive. I think with this design and color, the fan will match any interior style of the room.
Size Hydra 70 Inch Ceiling Fan
The next thing I want to talk about is the size of the fan.
I was surprised that the diameter of this ceiling fan is up to 70 inches. This is quite a large number compared to other products on the market. Not only does it have a huge air flow, but it can also perfectly decorate any space in your house.
The Hydra ceiling fan comes with a 6-inch blade. This tends to hug the fan too close to the ceiling, so I recommend using a longer radiator fan to improve airflow if your ceiling height allows it.
The propellers are solidly designed with high-quality materials, creating high durability and looking quite expensive. The ceiling fan has 8 wooden blades in toffee color that blends perfectly with the main color of the fan.
These propellers have been carefully and neatly machined, ensuring perfect balance in use. Not only does it create a strong airflow, but it also produces very little noise. The fan achieves a wind flow rate of 4851 cubic feet per minute (CFM), ensuring cooling for extremely large rooms up to >400 square feet.
This is a very important factor because many people often choose a ceiling fan without paying attention to the noise it creates. And in my opinion, this is also one of the outstanding advantages that makes the 70-inch Harbor Breeze Hydra ceiling fan stand out from other products on the market.
In addition, the blades also have the ability to reverse to help you use the fan all year round. The color of the propeller will easily deceive your eyes because of the dirt clinging to the wing, however, I think you should still clean its wings regularly even if it doesn’t look very dirty.
Ceiling fan holder
One thing that makes me feel quite secure is the ceiling fan hanger because it has been tested for safety and durability. It comes with an anti-vibration system that effectively prevents the noise from being too loud when in use.
In addition, the fan also includes included down bars to help you install the fan easily and adjust it to match the size compared to the ceiling.
Controller Type Reviews
The ceiling fan has a standard type of controller that is very easy to use. The ceiling fan speed can be adjusted from 1-6, which helps you choose the wind speed depending on your needs.
Not only that, but you can also take advantage of the changeable wind option to create a gentle breeze for your room. You just need to press the button on the controller and hold it for about 3 seconds, then the ceiling fan will change direction.
The manufacturer also provides a remote control to help you control all the above functions without having to get up and adjust manually. In addition, the light on the ceiling fan can be turned on or off with this handy remote.
Review of ceiling fan lights
The Hydra comes with a set of frosted glass lights, which can light up an entire room and save you quite a bit of money on electricity in the long run.
The light has 2 different settings: winter and summer. You can use the handheld remote control to easily adjust the light intensity to suit your needs.
Ceiling fan motor eficiency
This ceiling fan has a powerful motor that can create a strong airflow to cool any room in your house. Not only does it have a high wind flow rate, but the motor also operates very quietly and smoothly.
This makes it an ideal choice for use in bedrooms or living rooms where you want to create a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere.
In addition, I also learned that the motor is also very energy efficient, so you can save money on electricity in the long run.
Is the fan used indoors or outdoors?
The ceiling fan is designed for indoor use only. However, if you want to use it outdoors, you can purchase an outdoor rating kit to make it weatherproof.
Review of the price
The price of the 70-inch Harbor Breeze Hydra ceiling fan is very reasonable in terms of features and quality. It is currently priced around $250 – $300.
I think it’s a great investment for any home, especially if you have a large living space that needs to be cooled during the summer months.
Compared to similar product lines such as KICHLER 330174NI Protruding Mount, 5 SILVER/WALNUT Blades Ceiling fans or Progress Lighting P2586-8130K Protruding Mount, 6 Walnut/Driftwood Blades Ceiling fans, the 70-inch Harbor Breeze Hydra is still a product. good price for you.
Over rating of Hydra 70 Inch Ceiling Fan
I have been using this ceiling fan for a long time and I am very satisfied with its operation. The airflow is quite strong and can cool the room quickly. Not only that, but it also helps circulate air in the room very well.
The most important thing is that it does not create too much noise when in use, so I can use it at night without worrying about disturbing my sleep.
In addition, the light on the ceiling fan is quite bright and very suitable for use in the evening. You can turn it off with the remote control when you don’t need it.
- very powerful motor with high wind flow rate
- 6-speed setting with changeable wind option
- remote control included
- energy efficient motor
- frosted glass lights provide good lighting
- reasonable price
- Easy to install
- Smooth and quiet operation
- Possibly ineffective in outdoor settings without longer power conduits
- The luminaire is reported to be not very bright and has a yellowish tint (This may not be an issue for everyone, however)
Attention about Harbor Breeze Hydra Ceiling Fan
1. Read all instructions before installing the ceiling fan.
2. To avoid electrical shock, make sure that the power is turned off at the circuit breaker or fuse box before starting the installation.
3. Use only copper or coated aluminum wire when connecting to power source. Do not use uncoated aluminum wire.
4. Be sure that all electrical connections are made correctly and in accordance with local building codes.
5. To avoid personal injury or damage to the ceiling fan, do not use excessive force when installing the blades or attaching them to the motor.
6. The ceiling fan is for indoor use only. If you want to use it outdoors, you can purchase an outdoor rating kit to make it weatherproof.
7. Do not use the ceiling fan with any type of light fixture that is not rated for use with a ceiling fan.
8. Make sure that all blades are installed correctly and securely before operating the ceiling fan.
9. In order to avoid personal injury or damage to the ceiling fan, do not stand or climb on the fan.
10. Do not operate the ceiling fan without the blades installed.
11. Keep all objects, including hands and feet, away from the spinning blades of the ceiling fan.
12. Do not use the ceiling fan if any parts are damaged or broken.
13. If the ceiling fan is not working properly, contact a qualified electrician or service technician.
14. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper installation, misuse, or abuse of the ceiling fan.
15. Use only genuine replacement parts when servicing the ceiling fan.
Harbor Breeze Hydra Ceiling Fan Instructions
1. Hang the mounting bracket using two screws and washers (not included). The bracket should be mounted directly to a structural member of the house such as a ceiling joist or beam.
2. Attach the downrod to the mounting bracket using the setscrew.
3. Hang the motor assembly from the downrod.
4. Install the blades onto the blade irons. Make sure that each blade is installed with the correct side facing up.
5. Attach the blade irons to the motor using the setscrews.
6. Install the light kit, if desired.
7. Turn on the power at the circuit breaker or fuse box.
8. Use the pull chain to turn on the ceiling fan.
9. Use the remote control to operate the ceiling fan, if desired.
Steps to clean the fan
1. Use a soft cloth to dust the blades and other parts of the fan.
2. Use a vacuum cleaner with the brush attachment to remove dirt and dust from the blades and other parts of the fan.
3. Use a mild soap and water solution to clean the blades and other parts of the fan. Rinse thoroughly with clean water.
4. Wipe the blades and other parts of the fan with a clean, dry cloth.
5. Use a silicone-based lubricant on the motor bearings, if desired. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for lubricating the bearings.
Is Harbor Breeze a good ceiling fan?
The Harbor Breeze ceiling fan is a good choice for those looking for an affordable and reliable ceiling fan. It offers good value for the price, and it is easy to install and operate. Those who are looking for a ceiling fan with more features may want to consider other models, but the Harbor Breeze is a good basic model that will meet the needs of most users.
Is the 70 Inch Hydra Harbor Breeze’s best product?
The 70 Inch Hydra is one of Harbor Breeze’s more popular ceiling fans, but it is not necessarily their best product. Some users may prefer a different model depending on their needs and preferences. However, the 70 Inch Hydra is a good option for those who need a reliable and affordable ceiling fan.
5 thoughts on “Harbor Breeze Hydra 70 Inch Indoor Ceiling Fan”
1. The Harbor Breeze Hydra is a good choice for those looking for an affordable and reliable ceiling fan.
2. The 70 inch size is ideal for larger rooms, and the 6-speed setting with changeable wind option provides plenty of flexibility.
3. The remote control is a nice feature, and the overall design of the fan is attractive.
4. Some users may find the blades to be a bit noisy, but this is not a major issue.
5. The Harbor Breeze Hydra is a good value for the price, and it is easy to install and operate.
F.A.Q about “Fanimation ceiling fan reviews”
Which ceiling fan brand has been recalled?
Details on the Recall of Ceiling Fans
A total of 77,900 Harbor Breeze and Honeywell ceiling fans are being recalled. Only 52-inch Harbor Breeze Belleisle Breeze and Honeywell Rio fans that were sold between February 2018 and August 2021 are subject to the recall. The date label on the fan housing will read “HKC” for the fans.
Are ceiling fans with 3 or 4 blades better?
In rooms with air conditioners, 4-blade ceiling fans are ideal for circulating the cold air since they are less loud. They frequently seem more fashionable. However, 4 blade ceiling fans can cost more than 3 blade ceiling fans and may circulate air more slowly than a 3 blade fan.
The ideal ceiling fan blade count is how many?
The recommended number of fan blades for both indoor and outdoor ceiling fans is three. Nevertheless, while fans with four or five blades will effectively circulate the air, installation and overall performance factors like weight, noise, and power demand must also be taken into account.
How durable are ceiling fans?
Air conditioners normally last between 8 and 15 years, although exhaust and ceiling fans are only expected to last up to 10 years. Naturally, these estimates rely on the caliber of your fan and how frequently you use it.
What kind of fan produces more air?
More blades on a ceiling fan mean more airflow.
The hydra ceiling fan is a great option for anyone looking for an energy-efficient and durable fan. It has many features that make it stand out from the competition, such as the reversible airflow and the ability to control the speed.
The hydra ceiling fan is also backed by a lifetime warranty, which makes it a wise investment. If you’re in the market for a new ceiling fan, be sure to consider the hydra!